Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Progress in the Barn

We've been working on cabinets for the bottom of the long work bench in the barn for the past few days, and I'm happy to report that we have three out of five in place. The remaining two cabinet faces are measured and painted, and the notches for the hinges are chiseled out. We are headed back to Boston for a few days starting tomorrow, but when we return on Sunday we will pop the remaining two in place and I'll be ready to store merch in the barn.

Our basement is currently stacked high with all manner of thrifted goods that have been piling up over the past few months, and I can't wait to move it all to the barn and start photographing. The vintage shop has now been closed about 2 months (the longest stretch ever), and I am beyond ready to get it back up and running. I need to be thrifting, photographing, listing, and shipping. That's what makes me happy. Time to get back to it!

↓ Before, no cabinets





↓ After, cabinets!



And as usual our carpentry assistants were on hand (looks like I need some dog beds for the workshop)



No comments :

Post a Comment