Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Since Saturday





We've been going nonstop since the wedding on Saturday. Before our friends and family headed out of town we had brunch at Simon Pearce, a glass blowing and ceramics studio in an old mill building with a restaurant cantilevered over a waterfall on the upper level. A beautiful covered bridge sits across the way. Downstairs you can watch the glass blowers do their thing.

After brunch we headed over to Saint-Gaudens National Historic Park to wander around on the estate, check out the art exhibits, and tour the house.





On Monday Josh and I went for a hike on Mount Ascutney with the dogs while my dad drove family to the airport.





My dad stayed with us last night and this morning we took a walk over at Rockefeller National Park. He left late morning, officially ending our wedding week activities. It was bittersweet to see everyone go. Lately I find myself wanting to spend more time with family, which is tough reconcile with my folks living across the country and Josh's out of state. Having so much family and love around this weekend was a reminder of that piece missing from our lives. I hope we can find ways to be together more often this year.

Perhaps the pups feel the same way. They stood on the deck, watching my parents walk down the driveway to their car, waiting until they drove out of sight before turning away. I'd never seen them do that before. Heartbreakingly sweet.


3 comments :

  1. I have no words... It almost made me cry, since it reminds me that I have the same "family situation"... but this means that everytime that you have the opportunity to spend some time with them, it will be unique, precious and one of a kind... Quality Time!!! Congratulation for the marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your posts, you really put your heart into them. Yes, I do feel your pain about leaving family...I do too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to see the Simon Pearce factory!!! I love his work (cannot afford it, but I love it).
    So glad you had a lovely weekend with your people.

    ReplyDelete