Thursday, October 10, 2013

Fab.com No More

It's ironic. About a week ago I put up a post about my upcoming Fab sale and how excited I was for it. The very same day the CEO of Fab announced that over 100 people had been laid off and their vintage flash sale business would be ending. I didn't find out until a few days later when I tried to email my Fab contact and immediately received a reply that as of October 3 he no longer worked for the company. Not a good sign. Soon after someone got in touch with me, apologized, and explained the situation.

My heart goes out to all the folks at Fab who were laid off last week, especially Joe, who I worked with. He was extremely nice, helpful, and professional, and I can imagine this is not an easy time for the folks at Fab. Joe, wherever you are, good luck!

So while this is bad news for Fab, it's perhaps good news for Etsy as I will be posting over 50 new awesome items in the Etsy shop over the coming months. I saved most of the best stuff I've found over the past 6 months for the Fab sale, and now it's all going in the Etsy shop. A few items were added last night and I'll continue to post heavily over the next few days. I have a dozen amazing kilim rugs, lots of lamps, paintings, country flags, and a whole mess of other oddball pieces. Stop on by the shop sometime to have a look see!




No comments :

Post a Comment