Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Watch Where You Step

We've been busy the last few days, so I didn't have time to prepare a full post today, but wanted to share a few pictures of the spider we spotted in the field this morning while walking the dogs.

Now I am no fan of spiders, but when I saw this one I had to stop and stare. The body itself was 1/2", and with the legs we were looking at about 1" in total length. I've never seen a spider with black and orange stripes, and the way the rain drops clung to the web was quite beautiful. As soon as we saw it, I knew I had to get my camera.

After a bit of quick research, it looks like our friend is a female White-Backed Garden Spider. Luckily, they are not poisonous, but I'll be paying better attention to where I step from now on.





No comments :

Post a Comment