Monday, December 17, 2012

Color Inspiration: Vera Neumann


Vera Neumann has been covered ad nauseum on the blog circuit, and while my personal taste leans toward simple and neutral, I still love her designs and could not resist making a collage and writing up a post.

The sheer number of prints, colors, patters, and items designed over the span of her career is remarkable, and her eye for color was impeccable. I love the way her designs are at the same time loose yet graphic, retro yet modern. Enjoy the eye candy!


More on Vera Neumann: 
Vera Neumann, Style Icon, Apartment Therapy  
Vera Neumann, Wikipedia     

5 comments :

  1. What a beautiful post. Thank you for including our scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love Vera and her terrific textiles! So bold, so bright and so fashion forward. AND.... I love your shop on Etsy, too. Great picks!

    Thanks for including 27thAve and my Ladybug Table cloth!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a grey and cloudy day here in Minneapolis, so your colorful post was much appreciated...and thank you for featuring the little Geisha girls from the Vera tray I have listed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Claire, for adding one of my Vera scarves to your beautiful collection!

    I love your selections and collage of Vera items... one can never get enough Vera! I too am always amazed when I hardly ever see a repeated pattern! xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I wish I would have seen this earlier! Mid Mod Mom's Vera scarf made my mouth drop! Love this moodboard color inspiration!

    ReplyDelete