Sunday, January 27, 2013

A Wedding Dress


On Wednesday I took the train to NYC to attend a surprise birthday party and spend time with friends I had not seen in much too long. I stayed with my dear friend Marie, who is currently getting her fashion design degree at Parsons, and has graciously agreed to design and sew my wedding dress!

While Josh & I can't quite seem to figure out how to want to do this whole darn wedding thing, let alone set a date, one thing I do know is how I want the dress to look -- simple, simple, simple, and not bridey. Marie and I drew dress sketches and fabric shopped in the garment district on Thursday, and by Saturday she had a muslin sample of the dress complete for me to try. What a talent! Thank you Marie!!

Now I just need to get on that whole setting a date thing...

Images above: Bolts of white fabric at the giant fabric store Mood where we bought the final dress fabric (a crepe)  //  Dress sketch  //  Draping the dress with muslin on a body form  // Truing the lines and putting in seam allowance before re-draping on the body form  //  cutting the muslin pattern


3 comments :

  1. So exciting! Looks beautiful already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. House of Aqsa in the UK offers online Pakistani clothing. We supply Pakistani gowns and trendy apparel. Purchase the most up-to-date Pakistani wedding clothing to complete your special day. Pakistani wedding dresses are now accessible at fair prices. Purchase formal and special occasion gowns from the top Pakistani designers and labels' most recent collections. Delivery to the UK is free. Visit the House of Aqsa website to shop for Pakistani Brand Suits. https://houseofaqsa.co.uk/.

    ReplyDelete