Sunday, January 27, 2013

A Wedding Dress


On Wednesday I took the train to NYC to attend a surprise birthday party and spend time with friends I had not seen in much too long. I stayed with my dear friend Marie, who is currently getting her fashion design degree at Parsons, and has graciously agreed to design and sew my wedding dress!

While Josh & I can't quite seem to figure out how to want to do this whole darn wedding thing, let alone set a date, one thing I do know is how I want the dress to look -- simple, simple, simple, and not bridey. Marie and I drew dress sketches and fabric shopped in the garment district on Thursday, and by Saturday she had a muslin sample of the dress complete for me to try. What a talent! Thank you Marie!!

Now I just need to get on that whole setting a date thing...

Images above: Bolts of white fabric at the giant fabric store Mood where we bought the final dress fabric (a crepe)  //  Dress sketch  //  Draping the dress with muslin on a body form  // Truing the lines and putting in seam allowance before re-draping on the body form  //  cutting the muslin pattern


1 comment :